For over 20 years, ARF’s Operation Cat Program – OpCat – has reduced the growing number and needless suffering of homeless, feral and stray cats by using an effective trap/neuter/return strategy (TNR). Find out how you can help!
Do you have cats in your yard? Are you tired of watching the cats multiply and having more and more mouths to feed? Come to this FREE Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) Operation Cat workshop and learn the first steps you should take to gain the knowledge and skills needed to help the feral and stray community cats in your area.
ARF is looking for volunteers to help break the feral cat cycle! Learn the basics of TNR and colony care in this hands-on free workshop. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn about feral cats, their history and behavior
- Learn the steps of humane trapping and pre and post-spay/neuter surgery care with the help of video and live demonstrations
- Practice using a box trap and divider for trapping and in-trap care
- Learn the basics of caring for a cat colony
- Learn how to build good relationships with neighbors throughout the TNR process and how to help the cats be good neighbors
Also, volunteer to be a kitten foster! Attend this workshop and learn everything you need to know about becoming a kitten cuddler in this rewarding program! And remember, spaying and neutering saves lives!
For more information or to RSVP contact Rita Del Rey 631-537-0400 ext. 210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.