Pet Emergency Info
If you’re on the East End of Long Island and you think your pet is experiencing an emergency condition, contact your local veterinarian. If it is after-hours and your pet must be seen immediately, contact the East End Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center in Riverhead. The EEVESC provides 24 hour emergency care.
East End Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center
67 Commerce Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
Directions from the West: EEVESC is one-half mile east of the Tanger Outlets on the left, located in the professional park behind the Harley Davidson dealership.
Directions from the East: EEVESC is a mile and a half west of the Riverhead Circle (Peconic Bay Medical Center) on the right, located in the professional park behind the Harley Davidson dealership.
East Hampton Vet Group 631-324-0282
Olde Towne Animal Hospital 631-283-0611
Sag Harbor Vet Clinic 631-725-6500
Shinnecock Animal Hospital 631-723-0500
South Fork Animal Hospital 631-537-0035
Vet Clinic of East Hampton 631-324-7900
LOST AND FOUND PETS
If you have lost or found a pet, contact your local animal control center and ARF.
East Hampton 631-324-0085
Shelter Island 631-208-7698
ARF 631-537-0400 x202
After 5 PM, please leave a message and you will be contacted the next morning.
EMERGENCY PET EVACUATION INFORMATION
Emergencies can happen at any time. The best way to handle an emergency is to be prepared. If you are forced to evacuate your home always take your pet with you. In preparation you should have a Pet Emergency Go Bag ready to take with you and your pet. Below is a list of what should be in the bag.
If you can NOT take your pet with you, ARF serves as one of the two Pet Emergency Evacuation Centers in East Hampton Town. The other is the Montauk Playhouse at 240 Edgemere Street in Montauk.
ARF at 124 Daniels Hole Road in East Hampton will board your cat or dog free of charge for the duration of the town declared emergency evacuation. If possible please try to call in advance at 631-537-0400. You will need to fill out a short intake form upon your arrival. When bringing your pet to ARF, please make sure:
- your pet is wearing a collar and indentification tags
- your have proof of vaccinations
- your have special medications ready
Click here for further information on Emergency Preparedness for East Hampton Town.
What to inclue in your Pet Emergency Go Bag:
- Current photos of you with your pet
- Carrier, one for each pet, clearly labeled with pet’s name
- Leash and harness for extra safety (more than one of each is recommended)
- Two week supply of medications and copy of medical records
- First aid kit (ask your vet what to include or purchase one at your local pet store)
- 3-7 days of dry food (change food every 2 months)
- Feeding dishes
- Litter and disposabale litter trays
- Paper towel
- Garbage bags for clean up
- Bottled water to last 7 days for each person or pet
- Small toys