Join us for a cat and dog adoption event at the Tanger Outlet Center in Riverhead (near West Elm/Pottery Barn) from 11 AM – 4 PM. All ARF animals are spayed/neutered, microchipped and vaccinated to age limit. If you are looking to adopt a dog, and have another one at home, please bring them for a meet and greet. Free admission, adoption fees apply.
Get your adoption application pre-approved online now, by filling out the forms below!
ARF has planned a special morning of fun-filled activities and goodies for you and your pets. Come join us at the ARF Adoption Center! There’s something for everyone, from 10 AM – 12 PM. ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Ollie Dog Food, sample their fresh meals made from real ingredients
- spin the wheel with Solid Gold to possibly win a FREE BAG of America’s first natural & holistic pet food
- sample certified-organic dog treats from Fetching Fields
- enjoy Hampton Coffee Company coffee and Dreesen’s Donuts
- try the agility course with Matthew Posnick
- “Ask the Animal Behaviorist” with Dr. Barbara Pezzanite
- low cost vaccines: offering FVRCP, DA2PP, bordetella, rabies (1 year) and Microchipping for just $10 each*
- plant sale with landscaper, designer and consultant Anita Cheikin Heiser to benefit ARF
- learn about hydrotherapy, therapeutic massage, reiki, and cold laser therapy for dogs with Randy Handwerger
- meet the artist/author of Privileged Pups, Carol Saxe. Buy a copy of her new book for just $10 to benefit ARF and get a FREE 5 x 7 sketch of your dog done on site
- The Independent Newspaper “Cutest Pet Contest,” winner announced
- win prizes in our dog agility and obedience competitions
- and much more
*For cats and dogs only. $25 fee per vaccine for unaltered animals. No appointment necessary.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Photo by Lisa Tamburini)
Join ARF at the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals Adoptapalooza, their signature pet adoption extravaganzas! These public events feature wonderful cats, dogs, and sometimes rabbits for adoption from dozens of Alliance Participating Organizations. Each Adoptapalooza features additional activities, which might include advice on pet care, training, and grooming; product giveaways; microchipping; dog licensing; pet photographers; dog performances; or other fun activities for the whole family — two- and four-legged alike. More than 300 dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and rabbits will be available for adoption from more than 25 New York City area shelters and rescue groups.
Adoptapalooza Union Square
Noon–5:00 p.m. (rain or shine!)
Union Square Park, North Plaza
Broadway and East 17th Street, New York, NY
The Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals is proud to present Adoptapalooza in partnership with the Petco Foundation!
Join us for the ARF Thrift Shop Designer Show House Cocktail Party & Sale to benefit the animals at ARF.
The ARF Designer Show House vignettes are inspired and arranged by our guest designers from ARF Thrift Shop donations and the designers’ personal collections. All items are for sale at charity prices, and 100% of all proceeds from the event go directly to support ARF’s livesaving work.
Allison Babcock and Cristina Peffer, Babcock Peffer Design
Patricia McGrath Design
Michael Murray, Rachael Ray Home,Tim Croneberger, Halcyon Design LLC and Robin Theismann
For sponsorship opportunities contact Jennifer DiClemente at email@example.com.